Friday, April 01, 2005

Who will be the next Pope?

Here is my prediction for who will be the next pope -- and remember my words because I am 90% sure that I am right. I’ve been predicting the same guy for a while now.

I have to say that I will miss John Paul II, who is very ill right now and just received last rights. I cannot agree with a large chunk of his theology but he is one of the few popes in history who have really taken their job to heart and he has been a powerful force in the world for a number of solidly Biblical values.

I have a strong feeling about who will be the next pope. And this makes me hopeful because he is very similar to the current pope. The Roman Catholic bishops could elect someone who is either liberal or conservative on the hot issues of the day. This guy is very conservative, which is what the world needs right now.Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, prefect of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith (formerly known as the Inquisition!) is currently the pope’s right hand man, and may very well be running the show as we speak. He would be only the second pope in history who is not Italian! (He's German)

If I were a betting man I would put money on this. But I’m not. So I won’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home